December 31, 2007

Happy New Year folks!

Spent the last 1 week or so languishing in Rajasthan, sticking to the path less travelled. No net, no comp, bare glimpses of actual city life (there was TONS of city, we just avoided it like the plague). We spent our time in the Jaipur, Mt. Abu and Jodhpur areas- while jaipur is uncomfortably commercial, Mt. Abu is rustic enough to please anyone, and looks like we beat Madonna to Jodhpur- she came over to spent New Year's eve the same day we left :)

New year announcements: Found lots of CDs of obscure movies here: trashy horror movies and trashier Mithun fare-all coming up for your special behoof in January'08!

4 comments:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Hurrah for trashy Mithun fare! Can't wait! :)

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Hi Shweta! Thank you for your kind comments and the link! I will add you next time I update :) I have you in my RSS reader...and look forward to the Mithun (haven't had time to read your newest yet).

cheers
Beth

Sanket Vyas said...

Hi! Found you through Beth's blog and was just enjoying some of your reviews. Have you seen 'Dor'? Along with 'Water' it was my favorite movie of 2007. We just took a trip to Rajasthan last year and really enjoyed the magical city of Jaisalmer - just a jewel rising in the middle of the desert.

I will be linking you to my blog - come check it out & link if you like it. Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Sanket

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Heehee, just got your comment :) Indeed, we are like minds! I laugh about Abhay Deol only because my friend Aspi recommended Abhay to me when I was looking for a new "Fake-Pretend Movie Boyfriend," as I call them. I haven't seen him in anything yet but am very much looking forward to Manorama Six Feet Under.

Currently my copy of DD is in the hands of my boss - he is a huge movie fan and has a special soft spot for bad American sci-fi from the 50s and 60s. So I told him "You think those are bad? Just you wait!" and handed him DD. He hasn't gotten through it yet :) But his previous experience with Indian cinema was Ray, so I'm not surprised.