September 4, 2008

Shweta's OST

Having caught the bug from Ramsu, and Versacious, I totally had to do this...

For each situation described, you have to come up with song/sthat would apply to these situations in your life.

But it took SO long! I really had to think a lot, an activity I generally attempt to avoid...(heeh)!

Opening credits: Main Hoon Don [Don (2006)]




Waking up: Mangalayaam [Alaipayuthey (2000)]




Average day: Chand taare tod laoon [Yes Boss (1997)]




Falling in love: Couldn't choose between these; :D

Pyar hua chupke se [1942 A love story (1993)]




Pehla Nasha [Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992)]




Love Scene: Yeh haal dil ka idhar ho raha hai [Sarfarosh (1999)]




Fight Scene: Every body is Kung Fu Fighting




Breaking up: Yeh dil na hota bechara [Jewel Thief (1967)]




Getting back together: Aaja aaja mein hoon pyaar tera [Teesri Manzil (1966)]





Life’s ok: Here comes the sun (Beatles)


Mental Breakdown: I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell [Matchbox 20]




Driving: Aaj ki raat hona hai kya [Don (2006)]




Flashback: Na Jaane Kyun [Choti si Baat (1975)]




Partying: Bure Bure [Bluffmaster (2005)]




Happy Dance: "Appadi Podu" [Gillie (2004)]




Regretting: Khoi Khoi Zindagani [Kabul Express (2006)]




Death Scene: Where do you go my lovely [Peter Sarstedt/Darjeeling limited (2007)]




Closing Credits: Ya Ali [Gangster (2006)]


12 comments:

theBollywoodFan said...

Nice list, Shweta! Like your blog header too :)

That song from Sarfarosh was hot back in the day, and it still is, na? And if you liked Bure Bure, I'd recommend listening to more of 'Arash'. They have some excellent party songs to their credit (in English, French, Spanish, Farsi).

Cheers!

celluloidrant said...

Nice list! I especially liked the Peter Sarstedt choice for the death scene. (I didn't know it appeared in Darjeeling Limited, but I can see why they would want to include it.

~ramsu

Nicki said...

So cute! I like. I'm working on mine now. :)

memsaab said...

Oh now I am really ashamed. Ramsu suggested I do my OST using only Shammi songs from his b/w films which actually should make things easier than if I could pick anything!

Sigh. Must work harder on it now. Love your list :-) Here comes the sun is a perfect choice!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Bollywoodfan! Yup- she is gorgeous here- almost Tabu-esque in her earthiness. Thank you for telling me about Arash- I totally need to chekc them out. Sarfarosh- this has to be one of Amir's best movies- it just keeps one hooked on every frame, and all the songs were great- but this one was just uber hot :B Now I wanna see your list- bet u can populate the whole thing w/ Amir moves :P

Ramsu: You know, I honestly beleive Darjeeling Limited (and I LOVE that movie) was based on actualizing this one song- about being lost, and then letting go of one's baggage to find oneself.

Nicki: So dying to see urs- it takes time and effort, no? I was seriously exhhausted- what with the amount of choice, etc.

Memsaab: Nahinnn- do not talk of shame. I bet ur list, when it comes, will dazzle and delight us, all at once. hehe- I love that song- I so wish I was in my teens/20s in the 60s/70s in Chelsea..

theBollywoodFan said...

Agree completely about Sarfarosh! Shall let you know when my list is done. And yes, you're right about populating it exclusively with songs from Aamir movies...I have that list, and am now more motivated to share it! =)

Reviewer said...

Good songs...I especially love the songs Pyaar hua from 1942 and Na jaane kyon..interesting post :)

Reviewer said...

I just added your blog to my blog link list :)

ajnabi said...

Excellent list, Shweta--Main Hoon Don! I love it!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

BollywoodFan: Looking forward to it!

Reviewer, Ajnabi: Thank you :)

memsaab said...

Shweta, I finally got it done...cheated a wee bit, but it's done :-)

http://memsaabstory.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/my-life-ost/

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

I had faith and knew u'd come through :D heehee. I didnt think it was cheating at all! B&W Shammi was a major challange since u cudnt pick any of his color- which were tremendous!