January 24, 2009

OMG!

So back in 2005, Dharmendra was really sick and came to California for a back surgery. I knew that cos he was admitted where my mom works, and of course all the Indian RNs and Docs would flock to him. She had asked if I wanted to do the fan bit, and go w/ her and get autographs etc., but I felt it was wrong to intrude on a sick man. Plus I was busy w/ school and hadn't gotten on the Bolly-love-boat yet.

What I didn't know, until today, was that ABHAY DEOL had accompanied him, along with Dharam's wife, Prakash.

WTH!

If I had only known.

Omg omg omg.
That's called a lost opportunity.

I am devastated.

What's worse is, my mom doesn't watch many Bolly movies, so she didn't even realise until today (when she saw Abhay's pix on my compy) that she was meeting Abhay- she figured he was Dharam's nephew 'cos he was introduced as such, but DANG!

OK- in control know- calming down.

Still- I so wish I had met him!
I think I will kick myself the rest of the evening.

9 comments:

ajnabi said...

Whoa, girl. In your place I'd be leaving bruises. ;-)

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Ajnabi: My heart is broke. sob.
:D

Anonymous said...

:O How could you miss such an opportunity you'll probably never get again??? I'm going to go over there so you could meet my fist! Grrrrr!

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Don't think of it as a missed opportunity. Think of it as your mom laying groundwork that will be v v useful for the future (but was trivial enough that you fortunately did not have to do it yourself). :)

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Anonymous: I am sorry too, but your reaction scares me. Truly :)

Beth: I've been in a state of shock all evening- to think I was this close- aghs. You are so +ve and supportive- thanks!

Nicki said...

To me, it always seems like a missed opportunity when you find out later. At that moment, you didn't feel right going there. Plus at that time, you didn't really know who Abhay was.

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Nicki, those words are exactly the words of reason my hubby's been giving me since yesterday- ur v right. However, I am never ever going to diagree w/ anything my mom suggests :D

NidaMarie said...

Oh, my! Well, I'm going to flip the script and say it was Abhay's loss--HE missed an opprotunity to meet the author of the fabulous Apni East India Company!:)

***Feel better? Just a little bit?;)***

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Nida- ALL better- who wouldnt feel better, after such a majorly flattering compliment? :) ur so nice :)