August 8, 2007

WooHoo

Last trip till February
Last trip till February
Last trip till Februareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

woohoo
woohoo
woohoo

:D
Today is the last day of my last trip (hopefully) for this year- no more travelling till February 2008! - at least for work.
I am in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am loving the food: alligator and oysters both make better eating than I had ever realized I guess- there is a first time for everything! I loving the people, and love the friendliness of the South. The devastation of Katrina remains fresh in memory because of the horrendous traffic created when survivors moved to this city, and increased the local population by 100,000 heads. Enough said- back to home and hearth tonight!

2 comments:

babaganoush said...

alligators!!! well i hope they are consumed without their skin...

how does one catch/hunt these clever predators? How was it anyways?

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

They serve it fried, like KFC, and it tastes like chicken, which is honestly a bit of a let-down, since my expectations were a bit higher!

I didnt catch one, so dunno HOW- but I understand eating alligators and rattlesnakes is big in the deep South- they are considered as common as goats in India. There are annual Alligator hunting competitions still held!