December 1, 2007

Where The Wild Things Are

Title: Where The Wild Things Are
Year: 2008 (Yup you read correctly)
Cast: Max Records, Catherine Keener.

The plot is pretty straight forward- Max is playing at home one evening dressed in a wolf costume. Having teased the dog and worried his mother to distraction, as punishment he is sent to bed without supper. In his room, a mysterious, wild forest grows out of his own imagination....where fearsome-looking monsters abound. Max conquers them with a scary look and he is made the King of the Wild Things. One day, lonely and homesick, and he returns home to his bedroom......to the same moment he had left at.

But the plot isn't the big deal about this movie- what is important is the interweaving of animation with "real" people and special effects. Despite all the effects etc, Where the.... does nothing for me- its probably just me...

Not to miss: James Gandolfini! James Gandolfini! James Gandolfini!

4 comments:

yves said...

Hello,

Oh, I loved seeing somebody else speaking about that fantastic book which I must have read to my children... what, 300 times? I especially enjoty the three mliddle pages, that are caption-free, where Max dances ever so ong with the Wild Things!!! I was asked to sing and howl at that stage, voodoo-like, to accompany the action!
So I understand they've made into an animated film, have they? Well, I'd like to see that!
Thanks for the blog, BTW
cheers
yves

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

In that case, you are bound to love the movie when it comes out- it isnt entirely animated either! I understand they are planning to bring it out in late summer-Occtober timeframe this year.

thanks and keep visiting! :D

Anonymous said...

2009 not 2008

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

When I saw it last year, they mentioned they would be releasing it October 2008- I am assuming they pushed the date back even further. Not sure if I was very lucky- it didnt mean much to me at all.