September 4, 2008

Shweta's OST

Having caught the bug from Ramsu, and Versacious, I totally had to do this...

For each situation described, you have to come up with song/sthat would apply to these situations in your life.

But it took SO long! I really had to think a lot, an activity I generally attempt to avoid...(heeh)!

Opening credits: Main Hoon Don [Don (2006)]




Waking up: Mangalayaam [Alaipayuthey (2000)]




Average day: Chand taare tod laoon [Yes Boss (1997)]




Falling in love: Couldn't choose between these; :D

Pyar hua chupke se [1942 A love story (1993)]




Pehla Nasha [Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992)]




Love Scene: Yeh haal dil ka idhar ho raha hai [Sarfarosh (1999)]




Fight Scene: Every body is Kung Fu Fighting




Breaking up: Yeh dil na hota bechara [Jewel Thief (1967)]




Getting back together: Aaja aaja mein hoon pyaar tera [Teesri Manzil (1966)]





Life’s ok: Here comes the sun (Beatles)


Mental Breakdown: I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell [Matchbox 20]




Driving: Aaj ki raat hona hai kya [Don (2006)]




Flashback: Na Jaane Kyun [Choti si Baat (1975)]




Partying: Bure Bure [Bluffmaster (2005)]




Happy Dance: "Appadi Podu" [Gillie (2004)]




Regretting: Khoi Khoi Zindagani [Kabul Express (2006)]




Death Scene: Where do you go my lovely [Peter Sarstedt/Darjeeling limited (2007)]




Closing Credits: Ya Ali [Gangster (2006)]


12 comments:

Bollywood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nice list! I especially liked the Peter Sarstedt choice for the death scene. (I didn't know it appeared in Darjeeling Limited, but I can see why they would want to include it.

~ramsu

Nicki said...

So cute! I like. I'm working on mine now. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh now I am really ashamed. Ramsu suggested I do my OST using only Shammi songs from his b/w films which actually should make things easier than if I could pick anything!

Sigh. Must work harder on it now. Love your list :-) Here comes the sun is a perfect choice!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Bollywoodfan! Yup- she is gorgeous here- almost Tabu-esque in her earthiness. Thank you for telling me about Arash- I totally need to chekc them out. Sarfarosh- this has to be one of Amir's best movies- it just keeps one hooked on every frame, and all the songs were great- but this one was just uber hot :B Now I wanna see your list- bet u can populate the whole thing w/ Amir moves :P

Ramsu: You know, I honestly beleive Darjeeling Limited (and I LOVE that movie) was based on actualizing this one song- about being lost, and then letting go of one's baggage to find oneself.

Nicki: So dying to see urs- it takes time and effort, no? I was seriously exhhausted- what with the amount of choice, etc.

Memsaab: Nahinnn- do not talk of shame. I bet ur list, when it comes, will dazzle and delight us, all at once. hehe- I love that song- I so wish I was in my teens/20s in the 60s/70s in Chelsea..

Bollywood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S said...

Good songs...I especially love the songs Pyaar hua from 1942 and Na jaane kyon..interesting post :)

S said...

I just added your blog to my blog link list :)

ajnabi said...

Excellent list, Shweta--Main Hoon Don! I love it!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

BollywoodFan: Looking forward to it!

Reviewer, Ajnabi: Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Shweta, I finally got it done...cheated a wee bit, but it's done :-)

http://memsaabstory.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/my-life-ost/

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

I had faith and knew u'd come through :D heehee. I didnt think it was cheating at all! B&W Shammi was a major challange since u cudnt pick any of his color- which were tremendous!