It appears that Aamir is going slow with the TZP Oscar publicity- either that, or he is not saying and continuing to dazzle visiting princesses :) In the meantime, TZP is still making the festival rounds, in India and abroad.
Meanwhile, as we know, nominations for the 81st Oscars will be announced on 22 January, 2009. Predictions are flying rampant and the key dates schedule per the Alternative Film Guide is as below:
- Monday, December 1, 2008: Official Screen Credits forms due
- Friday, December 26, 2008: Nominations ballots mailed
- Monday, January 12, 2009: Nominations polls close 5 p.m. US Pacific Time
- Thursday, January 22, 2009: Nominations announced 5:30 a.m. US Pacific Time , Samuel Goldwyn Theater
- Wednesday, January 28, 2009: Final ballots mailed
- Monday, February 2, 2009: Nominees Luncheon
- Saturday, February 7, 2009: Scientific and Technical Achievement Awards presentation
- Tuesday, February 17, 2009: Final polls close 5 p.m. US Pacific Time
- Sunday, February 22, 2009: 81st Annual Academy Awards presentation
Also see the final list of foreign films submitted here.
Update 10/29/08: Aamir arrives in the USA tonight to begin the TZP lobbying!
I tried to watch this the other day but got bored.
:( I shall persist, though...
heahehaeee- I honestly love that you got bored by a movie millions are swooning crazily about :) Me thinks I enjoy differences of opinion way too much :B
It makes me worry a little :-) what is wrong with me? But perhaps I will love it if I stick with it a little longer. Or maybe I've seen too many After School Specials that deal with issues like dyslexia and it just seems like one more. I don't know.
That makes me feel better somehow- since thats the same anxiety I have when I cant make myself stand either of the Rks- Raj Kapoor and Rajesh Khanna- "what is wrong with me"? (maybe its their initials)
Seriously though, I think you have it- dyslexia and other children issues are fairly extensively covered by entertainment media here, which wouldnt make this unusual. The big deals about TZP are probably:
2- Darsheel- the child actor- a good actor sans the cheesiness.
3- The first time dyslexia was talked about in a Bolly movie and children were empathised w/.
Now I am worried- I hope Aamir can convince the Oscar panel that this IS more than an after school special- I heard the foreign film entry from Italy "Gomorrah," which is supposed to be a realistic version of Godfather, has a lot of buzz already.
Okay I didn't LOVE it but I did like it a lot, and I cried. Have put up a short post on it. Fingers crossed for the Oscars, although I do think the subject/message is a little tired for western sensibilities...(in fact, in 1985 there was an After School Special about dyslexia...)
Scramblingly running over to read it. Now.
Post a Comment