May 10, 2007

Things to Do

I don't make New Year resolutions- those seem fated to be broken. However, ever since I was in the 6th grade, I do write down short term annual goals for myself at any random time of the year- if and when I remember do so. Lately I have found that for the past few years I had so lost myself in work that I had begun to lose the qualitative aspects of my life, which I do value greatly.

So here are some things I want to do for and to myself, which I believe will make me a better and happier person:
1. Be Assertive At Work: I am way to nice as an auditor- need to toughen up the girl a bit. Take things easy, be fearless and emphatic.

2. Be Nice at Home: Be nicer and more understanding- my husband is already super good to me- maybe I should be good"er" too.

3. Don’t Postpone Things: Kaal Karo so Aaj Kar, Aaj Karo So Ab.

4. Take Time out for Friends & Myself: God has given me some really great friends- my new strategy- call/email at least 2 friends a week- its easy to lose touch. My friends ARE the type who will love me even after a gap of 20 yrs- but that's no reason to take them for granted.

5. Don’t Be Self Critical: Its OK to make mistakes- everyone does.

6. Don’t Take Things Personally: People are usually just bothered about their shortcomings, mistakes and desires. If they say something negative, it is not a reflection on me in any way.

7. Just Get Things Done: Rather than sit and build castles in the air, Karma/Right Action are a better way to go.

8. Don’t Overthink: After considering all possible aspects, maybe consult one more person, and then get to it- don't kill the task with overthinking.

9. Pass CPA: Study an hour every night dammit- NOW.

10. Get Work-Life Balance: Work is work, home is home- don't die in either arena- work and play hard, and move on.

No comments: